One of the reasons I love The Terminator, but not its sequel ("T2"), is that the original was subtle. There's a cool running gag in which all manner of technology, everything from telephones to car engines to beepers, conspire against the human protagonists. It's not terribly high-brow, but it's a fun added bonus which works perfectly within the overall theme of man versus machine.Anyway, the way my gadgets have been working lately, I feel like I'm on the run from Ahnold. First my digital camera goes kaput, then my car battery dies during an emissions test. Now, the latest casualty: my shaver. This wasn't a normal, safe, retail shaver. I bought it years ago from a creepy little knife-sharpening shop on Chicago's South Side. I half expected to be busted by the Secret Service on the way out. And even if I was, it would have been worth it. This thing gave me many moons of awesome shaves... until Monday, when it wheezed its last whirr.
I found something similar on eBay -- same brand, different model -- but I won't know if it's any good until it arrives. On the plus side, our new digital camera arrived this week, and it's a lot of fun. Here's a little test video I took with it, seventeen adorable seconds of Hannah bouncing on a bed:
No comments:
Post a Comment