Tuesday, October 28, 2008

At Least It Wasn't Raining

I was at a wedding last night. The groom was Lubavitch, so the chuppah was outdoors. I usually find that to be a perfectly quaint custom, but yesterday's temperature was around thirty degrees. Maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less. In any case, it felt fuh-reezing.

So, of course, it wasn't a short ceremony. A choir sang, a rabbi spoke, and at one point, I heard the following exchange from members of the audience:

Person #1: What are they reading now?

Person #2: That thing that the Rebbe wrote.

Person #3: I'm about as cold as the Rebbe right now.


(Full disclosure: I was Person #3.)

2 comments:

pam said...

OK, I totally don't get that, but since it's SNOWING here, I sympathize.

ANd I love weddings.

Unknown said...

hey yac,

its chani. i love reading this! love ya guys.