Monday, October 20, 2008

So Much For The Secret Identity

Hannah and I took a weekend trip to Chicago. It went by way too quickly, but she got to play with her grandparents, her aunts and uncles, and (mostly) her cousins, Elan and Ariel. They even saw some giraffes:
On the flight back to Atlanta, I asked her if she had fun with her cousins.

"Yes, and we were all cousins. Me, Elan and Ariel are all cousins."

"Actually," I tell her, "Ariel is Elan's brother."

"No, Ariel is Elan's cousin."

"Nope, they're brothers."

"And I am Elan's sister."

"Not really, Hannah."

"Yes, I am Elan's sister AND his cousin." She pauses to think about the logic involved. "And Ariel is Elan's brother and his cousin. And Batman."

10 comments:

Sim said...

funny. Where are the giraffes?

Margo said...

it's good she understands his many identities. He'd be appreciative.

therapydoc said...

literal belly laugh

YZF said...

The giraffes were either at the zoo or at shul... I forget...

Sim said...

noooo, i mean i can't see them in the picture.
but man, giraffes at shul... that would be almost as good as that helicioter toy duv brought home from shul

YZF said...

Click the pic and you should be able to see 'em.

Sim said...

ahh yes...
well my desktop has a new background

Margo said...

Hannah looks like such a smug little monkey in this pic, I love it. Ariel actually looks really strange though...

Familydoc said...

Did HH study Yevamos?

YZF said...

Relationship flowcharts for everyone!