Sunday, November 2, 2008

Can't Fool The Genes

On Friday night, my sister-in-law and I played a fun-filled game of "If you were a Harry Potter character, who would you be?" Some of them were easy (my father-in-law IS Mad-Eye Moody), but not everyone was so happy with the results. Rachelle, in particular, got pretty ticked when we told her that she reminded us of Professor McGonagall... and she wasn't thrilled with my alternate choice of Hermione.

And who was I? As much as I fancied myself a Lupin, it was decided that I was, indeed, Peeves the Poltergeist. Apparently I like annoying people when they're down. Hooray.
But at least I know where Hannah gets it from. For example: yesterday morning, she wakes up and goes to Rachelle. (I had already left for shul.) "Mommy," she yells, "I had an accident."

Rachelle's eye pop open. "What? You had an accident?"

"Yes. A poop in my pants."

Rachelle springs out of bed, moving faster than she has in months. "A poop in your pants? Oh no, let me see!"

"You can't see it," says Hannah, her voice dropping down to a whisper, "it was just a pretend poop."


Really, who does things like that?

4 comments:

pam said...

Awwwwwwwww...a pretend poop!! Who thinks of stuff like that??! Face it the kid's brilliant (and just a thought...there's got to be a good joke in there somewhere!) ;)

YZF said...

Poop jokes are ALWAYS good! I shall start thinking of them... now.

therapydoc said...

She's a freaking genius, poo, poo, poo. (get that?)

Familydoc said...

Paul is SOOO Hagrid.