"Don't talk to me. I'm ANGRY." She practically growls that last word, though I suspect it's all for show. She's become quite the actress, surprise, surprise.
I don't even remember why Hannah decided that the dinnertable was an appropriate place to be a grump. But, like most of her minor-key hissy fits these days, I'm pretty sure she did it mostly for shock value. Still, maybe there's a reason, so I had to ask.
"Okay, Hannah, why are you angry?"
"I said, don't talk to me. I am eating." Then she goes in for the kill: "Daddy."
She knows that I like to be called Aba, so when she's in a mood to test me, she'll call me anything but. "Yacov" was popular for a while, which she'd deliver with a smirk that would make Bart Simpson proud. Then came "Tati," which she learned from a friend at playgroup. Now I guess she's moved onto Daddy (emphasis hers). It doesn't bug me so much, and really it's quite amusing. So while I struggle to stifle my smile, Rachelle jumps in.
"Hannah, that is NOT how we talk to people, and especially not your Aba."
Not fazed at all, Hannah simply repeats her mantra, albeit with a new spin: "Don't talk to me. I am eating... Mother."
3 comments:
LOL (and you know, I never say that).
lol still laughing
Take heart, Daddy will probably sound quaint with the other monikers she'll come up with in the future.
Post a Comment