Gadz, that's gotta be the stupidest title I've ever done. And it's not even spelled right.
Anyway, y'know what bugs me? AP tests. They're a major racket. A few years after high school, the nefarious scheme finally dawned on me: students take these tests to bolster their chances of getting into good colleges. But the better the college, the less of a chance it'll actually accept the test score for any sort of advanced placement. Essentially, it's a scam perpetuated by this slimy, for-profit "College Board" company. The only reasons kids keep taking these tests is because they're competing with other kids who have taken 'em. Their actual value is nil.
On a similar note -- why does the GRE expunge scores older than five years? As far as I can tell, 'cause it's also a scam. I just took the test today (and I did fine, don't worry), and guess what? It hadn't changed much since the last time I took it, in 2001. Even the software hadn't changed, meaning it's at least eight years behind EVERY OTHER COMPUTER PROGRAM IN THE WORLD. So I waste a week studying for a test that I've already taken, only to take it again and get around the same score I got last time. That was productive.
Then again, it was fun re-learning all that Geometry. Oh yeah... the angles of a triangle do equal 180 degrees! Because Geometry is so important for a film major.
UPDATE: And what arrives in the mail today? My GRE practice CD-ROM. Perfect. Thanks, GRE.
1 comment:
One day you'll need that stuff about angles. You'll see.
Post a Comment