Sunday, November 16, 2008

Felt Just Fine

One of the unexpected (and unexplained) delights of Atlanta is that it seems to be the Muppet Center of the Universe. Right in the center of the city is a top-notch puppetry museum, which is currently planning an entire wing based around the works of Jim Henson. And for the next few months, a touring Muppet exhibit is in town:
Today there were some special guests on hand: Dave Goelz, who performs Gonzo, and Steve Whitmore, who now does Kermit.Hannah, of course, was running and singing in the aisle while the Muppeteers were speaking, so they talked to her in character. Hannah was pretty freaked out. But she had a great time making her own puppet with Rachelle.
Later on, she was thrilled to meet the Mahna Mahna crew.
Alas, by the time we got to the children's area, she was in one of her moods. But I didn't care.

5 comments:

therapydoc said...

I was just thinking, I'm not making this up, of things to bring her, and I thought, I should find her puppets. If ever there was a kid who would love puppets. . .

Sim said...

cute pics. Whats the title?

YZF said...

Hannah does love puppets...

And Sim, it was a pun. One I stole, in the interest of full disclosure, from the guy who writes Roger Ebert's headlines for the Sun-Times.

Margo said...

Finally a picture of Rachelle! She looks amazing from what I can tell...awesome museum. You look way too happy there.

pam said...

That just looks...awesome.

And I was going to say the same thing about Rachelle. She looks fabulous!