He was named today for my Grandpa Mel, during a combined Bris/Simchat Bat which -- despite what my father might say -- didn't really run that long. The Merliseseseseses put out quite a spread, and Moshe came in from Chi-town to entertain everyone.
Now that he's got a name, I'm not sure what folks will actually call him. Rachelle and I are referring to him as Malachi, straight up, no twist, but others seem to just be calling him Bro... as in "Bru and Bro." (I dunno, I'm not feelin' that one.) My mother-in-law has taken to "Lucky Joe," which reminded Beno of a cigar company. (Maybe it's a combination of Lucky Strike and Joe Camel, neither of which my grandfather smoked.) Firefly fans will no doubt gravitate towards Mal, which would definitely be cool.
And it could always be worse.
No bris pics yet to share 'cause nobody used my camera. But here's a short video of them taken the night before:
4 comments:
Ok, I watched this with no sound because I'm at work, but what I got out of it was poor little Mel (my vote, and what I intend to call him - "Lucky" anything is an eyen harah just asking for trouble IMO, you know the universe is ironic...) basically realizing:
Women are insane. And I really AM an angel. G-d help me.
Dunno, Yac...I'm kind of liking "Player To Be Named Later."
Shiny.
:)
Mel it is
"Li'l Bro"?
"MJ"?
"Chi Guy"?
"Xi Lan"?
. . . or just Angel.
BTW, wasn't he conceived in
The City of Angels?
Post a Comment