Monday, September 22, 2008

Is This Thing On?

I'm driving my mother home from the airport, with Hannah in the backseat. They're very excited to see each other, and express this with humor.

"Do you know any jokes, Hannah?"

"Yes, I do!"

(pause)

"Would you like to tell me one?"

"Okay, Bubbie. Knock Knock Knock."*

"Who's there?"

"Banana."

"Hannah who?"

Now, my Mazda isn't exactly noise-resistant, and I guess my mom didn't quite hear the setup. This confuses Hannah, but like a true professional, she still plows ahead and tries to salvage a punchline:

"Banana... Freedman?"

8 comments:

YZF said...

*Two knocks is so last year.

Cham said...

I dont think I get this but it's still funny...wait maybe that means I do get it...

pam said...

Love the picture!

pam said...

...and does that make your mom Granna Banana...Freedman? :)

Margo said...

I like the title of this post. Mom looks happy!

therapydoc said...

Find that girl a jungle gym and she's in monkey heaven. Uh, which girl?

therapydoc said...

A girl like her old man. You'll get a lot of mileage out of the old lady's hearing, I imagine. I hope she's got a sense of humor.

YZF said...

I think her sense of humor is just fine. ;)