So far...-- It's given the world a history-making candidate for the highest office in the country
-- Both the Cubs and the Sox are likely to make the postseason
-- The most successful film of the past decade was shot there
-- The Bulls got the #1 draft pick
-- Mayor Daley might secure the 2016 Olympics
Oh, and the Bears won on Sunday. The only sad spot was seeing Richard Roeper and Michael Phillips leave the Ebert & Roeper show. They made a pretty good pair.
Have I missed anything? Can any years really compete with this one?
2 comments:
Zambrano's no-hitter! First Cub no-hitter since 1972! But that just happened, today, Sept 14, 2008, and you wrote this before that. So you're excused.
Wow, really? That is exciting.
Yeesh -- I just realized that my October 17th trip might be a bit complicated. The next day, the 18th, is when both Cubs and Sox will probably host playoff games at home.
And the week after that, they could be in the World Series against each other. But I'll believe that when I see it!
Post a Comment