When Rachelle ran a bath for Hannah on Friday, the water came out slightly red -- apparently there was a rust problem, or something like that. The water was fine, according to my father-in-law (who knows a lot about municipal water quality), but Hannah didn't want any part of it. So to alleviate Hannah's fears, Rachelle told her that she had added some bath salts, which were the reason for the water's unusual tint.
Hannah got in the bath, but she still didn't want to get her hair wet. Hence this revealing exchange:
Hannah: "I don't want to wash my hair because there are bath salts in the water!"
Me: "But those bath salts won't hurt your hair. In fact, they're good for your hair!"
Hannah: "No they're not."
Me: "Yes, they are. Trust me, I've been around a lot longer than you, and I know a lot more than you do."
Hannah: "But I'm smarter than you."
5 comments:
Kid's got a point...
Gawd, do you make it that obvious?
People tell me that all of the time. I usually respond, "nuh uh". After a 2~3 second uncomfortable impasse I say, "Well at the very least I'm bigger," knee them in the groin and take their lunch money.
Oh, are you in trouble.
I always say that after a year or two, they're just as smart as you are. The only thing you have on them is life experience.
Post a Comment