Thursday, January 22, 2009

Maybe I Should Find A Real Physician

Eager to delay her bedtime by just a few more minutes, Hannah picks up her Fisher-Price medical bag and makes a happy discovery.

"My check-o-scope! Now, I am the doctor, and you are the nurse, and I'm going to listen to you."

I lean in for my examination. "What do you hear?"

Her face is solemn. "You have a squirrel in your chest."

"A squirrel! How am I going to get rid of it?"

"You need to run."

"Run?"

"Yes."

"Okay, run. Do you have any other advice?"

She pauses to think, her little face furrowed in concentration. She thinks and thinks and thinks. Finally, a response:

"I am the doctor, and you are the nurse."

3 comments:

Beno said...

Check-o-scope does make a lot more sense than stethoscope.

therapydoc said...

It does! I want her for MY doctor.

Margo said...

I hear squirrel in the chest is very serious. Did you run?