Sunday, June 14, 2009

From The Can Just Aint The Same

Hannah: Can you get a cob and put some corn on it for me?

7 comments:

(S)Aba said...

Her bubbie used to serve the kids corn-off-the-cob.

Margo said...

nuh-uh

Sim said...

I also do not recall this ever happening with the exception of the occasional corn salad

Mom said...

We had a few years of bad corn. But it is better off the cob, is the truth, with butter and a little salt. A

nd yet the cob is so cool, people slobbering over a cob. I can see why HH wants one. Tell her that her bubbie will bring her one from Chicago,

Unknown said...

We usually do have corn on the cob... which is why she was so confused with the corn from the can. See... her Mama gets lazy one night and everyone hears about it.

Meira said...

Personally, I don't think it's such a crazy request...

Unknown said...

Oooooh, I get it now.

For some reason I read the title and associated the word "can" with "toilet." I thought to myself, "that's strange, but I see where she's coming from."

Apparently "can" just means "can." My bad.