Sunday, May 31, 2009

Clearly Defined Gender Roles

HH: I changed my mind. When I grow up, I don't want to be a bride.

Rachelle: You don't?

HH: No. Now I want to be a dancing princess.

__________________________________

Rachelle: I hear Grandma upstairs!

HH: Oh boy! I bet she's getting me a ten-point present!

Rachelle: Did you do anything to deserve a present? Do you have ten points?

HH: No.

Rachelle: Then you probably won't get a ten-point present, will you?

HH: (hitting her knee) Dammit.

Rachelle: Excuse me? Where did you learn that?

HH: From Aba.

__________________________________

(at the zoo, Hannah stands next to a woman and her granddaughter)

Woman: (to her grandchild) Look at that monkey, girl!

HH: I'm not a monkeygirl!

__________________________________

(later on at the zoo)

Rachelle: What do you want to do now? I wanna go see the pandas!

HH: And I wanna have Dippin' Dots!

__________________________________

(even later, in the bath)

Me: Hannah, Mommy says if you don't come out soon, you're going to turn into a prune.

HH: What's a prune?

Me: Y'know, a dried plum.

(long pause)

HH: Mommy says I'm going to turn into a plum?

1 comment:

Margo said...

Love her. She's pretty much all we talked about (w/ Mom & Ab). Her and Malachi and Bru-the-genius-baby who socially smiled at one week and who "has the most personality of any baby ever" (Aba says it's not a contest, to which I say [blows raspberry].