Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Past Two Weeks

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. What have we been up to? Well, we bought a minivan, did our taxes... had a 36-hour blackout, then a water-heater leak (which was on its way to becoming a carbon monoxide hazard)... I got accepted to grad school, then (probably against my better judgment) committed to going part-time... completed a lengthy writer's test for a job I have no shot of getting (still, it was nice that they sent me the test)... maintained my seven twitter accounts, one of which I'm hoping might help me get a different job... oh, and my real job suddenly went from dull to very complicated, in the span of one day. Yay!

Plus there was Pesach. We went to Chicago for all too short a trip, but it was at least lots of fun, and I ate waaaaaay too many of my mom's cookies. As a neat coincidence, Hannah has lately gotten into Prince of Egypt, a movie I somehow missed during the past decade. (Which is maybe a good thing, since I was probably too cynical to appreciate it when it came out.) It's really an impressive work, an animated film with both heart and brains. And some good tunes! In case you never caught it, here's its Oscar-winning Exodus song, "When You Believe." Watch for the guy grabbing matzas:

5 comments:

Sim said...

didn't find the guy with the matzot. I do like the depiction of the erev rav, if that's what they were intending with the eqyptian who throws down his spear and just starts following the Jews.

Dave L said...

Congrats on the grad school acceptance. Which school? What will you be studying?

therapydoc said...

I LOVE it! (the movie I mean)

YZF said...

Sim -- look at around :54 seconds. Meira thinks I'm reading too much into it, but considering all the other details they threw in, I'm sticking with it.

Dave -- it's Emory, going for a Master's in film. Because I shun useful degrees. Shun them, I do!

And if you liked that, Mom, we'll have to watch it together!

(S)Aba said...

Uh-oh! Looks like Paroh caught up with them at the end of clip. I better rent the movie to see how it turns out . . .