Thursday, March 7, 2013

Los Angeles Day 1: Universal Studios

Curious George is curious as to how the Jews suddenly became a majority in this picture.
I once did a similar pose with Beno, around 22 years ago.  I think Beno got a bit farther up the belly of the shark, but Hannah tried her best.  Lucky didn't want to get near the shark, naturally.
None of the kids wanted to get near any of the costumed characters, especially the Simpsons.  (Simpsons ride, btw, was awesome.)
Bru and I make a splash on the Jurassic Park ride.
There we are, a bit wet, in the second row.  Bru was my companion on most rides.  She's my little daredevil.
Doesn't that look sooooooooo real?
Wearing 3D glasses for the Studio Tour, which was by far their favorite ride.  It was also by far the longest.  Lucky especially liked the giant monkey whose name he couldn't remember.
The one costumed character the kids all agreed to pose with was Marilyn.  They thought she wasn't scary at all.  (Apparently they never had to direct her.  Hey-o!)
My one complaint was that they got rid of some of the older exhibits, including the E.T. ride and Babe (seen here in 2001).

3 comments:

Beno said...

Looks like quite an adventure!

I'm not sure I remember getting up inside that shark. Do we still have a photo? HH did a great job.

I seem to remember both of us being blown away by the E.T. ride, so it's a shame they get rid of that.

YZF said...

One of us got in that shark... maybe it was me? The photo was on film so I'm not sure where it may have ended up.

Bubbie said...

Babe is gone? What a shame.