Sunday, November 8, 2009

Outings

We like to get out. Sometimes we go places with colored balls.
Other times we go to Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Grandpa is a whiz at the YouTube.
Last month, we went to Chicago to see Bubbie and Saba. They brought us to a fun place with mirrors...
... and a stage to perform.
Chicago can be exhausting!
Back in Atlanta, we went to the zoo. There were flamingos...
... staticy slides...
... and Pandas, with -- more importantly -- panda handstamps.
There was a special occasion last week, too. Star Wars: In Concert came to Atlanta, and guess who dragged Rachelle to see it?
Today, we went to Stone Mountain's annual Indian Festival and Pow-Wow. There was dancing.
There were Indian traders.
There were, um, prospectors? Clay pot makers? I'm honestly not sure what this dude was about.
And there was Malachi in a hat.
After the Indian Festival, we had this conversation:

Me: Thank you for a wonderful time at the festival!

Rachelle: Thank you, Aba.

Hannah: Is Pocahontas dead?

When we came home, we raked leaves, and found that some of the best fun is right in our front yard.
Awwwwwwwwww. Here's the leaf-jumping in action:

8 comments:

Margo said...

Just fabulous, espec the leaf jumping vid. What was it that I found in a pile of leaves when I was about her age that scarred me against doing it again for life? A worm? Anyone?

Meira said...

ooh, my bad about the Pocahontas being dead thing...

leese said...

Nothing like a good frolic in the leaves.....

therapydoc said...

You heard me. Thanks!

Samurai Scientist said...

Always wanted to go to a Pow-wow. That be strong medicine.

YZF said...

Margo, I remember being told about slugs on the leaves, which cured me forever of jumping in leaves. No idea who filled my head with such thoughts, but you're not alone.

Beno, you know how much I'm into the Native American stuff, but this was kinda odd... all sorts of cultures/tribes (North American, South American, East, West, etc.) mishmashed into one area. So it wasn't exactly authentic, but still fun.

(S)Aba said...

Pocahantas lives! And gets all staticy! (staticky?)

PS -- we have WAAYY more leaves up here. Skunks love 'em.

Mom said...

I bet I missed all the leaves. For sure next year. I'm going to try to come as soon as I can, tho.