Sunday, December 18, 2011

December So Far

I know, two blogs in one day?  The mind reels.  But until today, we've had a pretty mild December.  Case in point:
Of course, around here, this month means only one thing: birthdays.  Day One has two of 'em, so we all found ourselves in school giving out cupcakes.
 Including Baba and Zaidy, who were in town.
 
 
 
 
 
Around this time, Davida heard Malachi and Beruriah talking when they were supposed to be sleeping at their grandparents' house.  As she tells it:

So, I walk down the stairs and hear...

L: What?! I am a girl?!

B: No!

L: SO I am a boy?!

B: NOOO!! (shrieks)

L: What now I am a girl?

B: Noooo! (shrieks louder)

I say through the door, "Guys, it's Auntie Davidala, I heard some screaming is everything ok?"

L: We are sleeping!

B: I am going to sleep, and I'm not waking up Lucky!

D: Ok, go to sleep guys

B: (shrieks loudly!)

D: Do you have to go to the bathroom, Bruie?

B: No! And I am not waking up Lucky!

So, I go in, and say, "Bru, whats wrong? Do you want me to rub your back or snuggle you?"

L: I want to snuggle!

B: I want to go up the stairs! (crying)

L: I want to snuggle with you, Auntie Davidala.

I pick up B and sit down in the chair, and I tell them I'm going to sing them Winnie the Pooh, I start singing. Within thirty seconds, Bru is snoring rather loudly on my shoulder, and within one minute, Lucky is also snoring in his bed. I finish the song and put Bru in bed, and she kvetches, dumps Snoopiella out of the bed, lays down, and I start to zip up the crib tent and she goes No!!! So then I tuck her in, she snuggles up, and she's out....

Then it was time for the next birthday party, a dance-themed extravaganza which we for some reason thought we could host at our home, then realized that was insane and moved it to Grandma and Grandpa's house, where there was plenty of room to boogie.
 
 
Malachi made it clear that he was not in a dancing mood.  But Zaidy made up for it.
 
 The cakes were pretty awesome, one for each.
 
 
Disney has well and truly sunk its claws into our kids.  Rachelle recorded this conversation from a few days ago (which may only make sense if you've seen Tangled more than a few times):

Bru: I am Rapunzel (flicks her hair over her shoulder and runs around ecstaticly screaming) I can't believe I'm doing this!
Lucky: I'm Eugene!?

Bru: Eugene!? (Big smile)
Lucky: I can't believe I'm doing this!

Bru: I can't believe I'm doing this! I'm going to get you Pascal! Where are you?

(They both run to the tree.)

Bru: Found you Pascal!

(Both kids run around in circles around the tree screaming "I can't believe I'm doing this!")

Bru: Where do I wear this crown? On my wrist?

Lucky: No! On your head!

Bru: Mudder? I want to see the floating lights!

HH: Oh! You mean the staaaaaaars....

Bru: No! Not the stars! The floating lights!

HH: Rapunzel - You will never leave this tower EVER!

Bru: I can't believe I'm DOING THIS!

Oh, and I had a birthday too!  Here's my cake.  Donna made all three of them, btw.
Lastly, today was Hannah's Chanukah play!  She (along with another girl with the same first name) played Chana, naturally.  Video of their big line is at the bottom.
 

No comments: