Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Three Stories and a Video

Malachi feverishly, desperately wanted to watch a Tinkerbell movie, as is his wont. But I couldn't stand it anymore, so I played another Disney movie I had sitting around on the DVR. Needless to say, Malachi wouldn't have it. He cried and fussed and screamed, while I sat there and tried to hear the wisecracking cows of
Home on the Range.

At one point, though, I sent Malachi out of the playroom and told him he couldn't come back until he'd calmed down. And he did. A few minutes later, he returned with a new plan: he started waving his hands towards the TV and said, "This is Pixie Dust! I am pouring Pixie Dust! And the cow movie is flying awaaaaaay!"
_________________

Hannah, meanwhile, has become a little teenager. She can't be told anything without putting up quite a fight. At one point, a few weekends ago, we had this exchange:

Me: Hannah, why do you always have to be so contrary?

HH: What does contrary mean?

Me: It means you argue about everything.

HH: (waiting a beat for perfect timing) ...not everything.
_________________

So by process of elimination, Beruriah has become our most agreeable child. And she knows it. Last week, I walked into the dining room to discover that Malachi had made an enormous mess. I quickly put him to work cleaning it up (and, um, there may have been some brief yelling involved on my part) -- and that's when Bru walked up to me.

"Aba," she stated, "I did not make a mess. I am just being good. I am just being Beruriah."
_________________

And here's some randomness from this past Sunday, at a petting zoo on someone's lawn... with a cameo by their cousin Ami!

2 comments:

Bubbie said...

Thanks Yac! Glad you got your movie in! Ask Malachi where I can get some pixie dust.

DF said...

Malachi has the greatest fro this side of the Mississippi.

Hannah sounds a lot like a girl I grew up with named Yacov.

Bru, thankfully, is just Bru.

I've decided against renting a chicken. I plan on buying their love with chocolate. Or in Malachi's case, a tinkerbell dress.